"...a garden is like life:

something is always doing well, something is struggling, something is being born anew, and something is dying."

Edith Reed

Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28, 2012 and I was in the garden today! Since my strawberries grew well into fall under plastic - I didn't have time to clean up the bed and cover with straw...so today was sunny and 37 degrees out. I layered up and enjoyed working in my garden. Ranger (my tuxedo cat) wanted to come out and help! He particularly loves strawberries and I think he was hoping to find a few...I think he was as happy as I was to be out there again! Later in the day I clipped some leaves from my hanging geranium plant and put them in vermiculite to root. Here's a picture of how they look
Hopefully they will all produce roots as this was a hanging geranium that was beautiful all summer long! Okay, time to get back to my seen inventory. I hope to use this blog as a garden journal as well as a place to share some of the things that I have learned about gardening.

No comments: